“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
MINTIQE’S beloved owner and CEO Sacha shares a few of her favorite things…well, places. She maintains a well-balanced life and she rewards herself with world’s beauty. Like most of us, she loves to travel. It is a way of life and a way of work. She draws inspiration from other places then puts the beauty and culture in her designs.
Let our pitter patter Sacha take you to a few of her experiences. Enjoy the ride!
Which places have you traveled?
“I have been lucky enough to have travelled to many wonderful places around the world where I have gained valuable inspiration and experience from. Some of the places I have visited include Hawaii, California, Bali, Fiji, Tahiti, The Maldives, Vanuatu, Japan, South Africa, Croatia, Austria, Singapore, PNG, The Caribbean, Canada, Greece, France, Italy, New Zealand and Australia of course.”
Which is your most favourite?
“It is so hard to just pick one place as my favourite as every destination has it’s own unique culture and characteristics that make it special, but from a design perspective I would have to say that Japan is a must visit destination for anyone who loves good design and wants to be inspired by great creativity. I have been there many times and will be visiting again in October and I can’t wait to go!”
Top 3 things you love about the place
1. Everyone is so happy and helpful, it is such a beautiful place to be and as a traveler you just feel so welcome everywhere you go.
2. Everything is just so different in Japan and it really challenges your creativity because there is so much innovation everywhere that there is always inspiration around every corner.
3. There is still a strong traditional culture in Japan that hasn’t been lost and thrives amongst the modern cities. It is beautiful to experience centuries old traditions still being carried out today.
3 things you feel are unique to this place only
1. The food. This is definitely so different and unique to any other culture I have experienced. I was so inspired by the food there that I found myself constantly taking photos of food everywhere I went, it is like each meal is an artwork and must be enjoyed with the eyes first.
2. Cosplay. It is so much fun to walk through the streets and to see so many people dressed up in cosplay costumes and to appreciate the amount of hours they put in to plan their outfits and to get into character.
3. Technology. There is so much innovation in Japan that it is a fascinating place to visit and learn what the future will look like.
“I am so inspired each time I visit Japan and I have such and appreciation for their attention to detail, everything is so perfect and thoughtful, even everyday items are beautifully designed and this inspires me to make the simple things in life beautiful.”
What do you typically do on your travels?
“When I travel I normally visit tropical locations where I can surf, scuba dive, swim and generally enjoy the ocean. I love escaping to tropical paradises. But wherever I go I always make sure that I immerse myself in the local culture to really get an appreciation for the beauty of the country I am visiting.”
There you have it! Sacha loves Japan. We can’t wait to hear about her upcoming trip to Japan before the end of the year.
The world is meant to be traveled. Appreciate its beauty…and share the experience.