I am not a designer, where should I get inspiration?
The opportunity to design is not limited to a few individuals who earned their titles. Designing is for everyone! Imagine how more colourful the world would be with more individuals giving birth to new designs and bigger than life concepts. Welcome to the our Q&A section! Ask me questions and I’d be glad to help you.
I love seeing beautiful works from other people. I become enthusiastic when I discover new things. It makes me excited each time! I let beauty inspire me to help me create a more beautiful thing. I am glad that I have MINTIQE to show and share the wonderful things and experiences that I’ve encountered.
For people who have the passion to create and design things, don’t let your vision slip away. I know how it feels to be fired up and be excited in replicating the idea in your mind into a tangible material. Until you get translate that into reality, you have to be inspired. So you are not a designer, but you can still be creative. You only need to find the source of your inspiration. How?
1. The key to stay inspired is to be excited every day about what can happen and what amazing things that I can create that didn’t exist before.
2. Always see the beauty in everything.
3. Don’t be afraid to fail because you won’t always get it right first time, every time, and when things do go wrong always learn from the experience to improve next time and get better.
Where to draw inspiration from?
1. Definitely Pinterest is the best source for inspiration…I can spend hours on there just looking at amazing images and I get so inspired!
2. Design magazines are always another good source as they feature the best curated content.
3. Design blogs such as Adore Home Magazine, Winkellen Magazine, The Design Chaser, Dot + Pop just to name a few great ones.
4. Visiting shops and seeing what is out there at the moment
5. Talking to customers and asking them what customers are wanting at the moment and gain inspiration from filling needs.
When asked who are my inspirations, I always say, “As a designer I am inspired by so many people as everyone is unique and has their own story to tell. It is hard to narrow it down to just a few people as I can be inspired by everyone I meet.”